Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a Work Funny

My very best friend in the whole world has a boss named Richard.

 I realized how amazingly lucky my best friend was when my BFF was telling me a story where said boss was being a jerk about some vacation time.

BFF- I wanted to notify you of my vacation on X date through Y date.
BOSS: (condescendingly)-Well... I mean.....if you have to take vacation I guess that is what it is here for. If you really feel like you need to take it off.

I piped up and asked best friend if- when told that BS by the boss, did Best friend say- THANKS DICK! and add a little the finger gun BANG



I realized my amigo could call the boss DICK without calling him a dick, because his name is Richard and he DOES go by that name. This to me was the epitome of  a WORK peanut butter and jelly! ( you know that childish treat you never grow up from) Seriously.... This was awesome.

Does it make me a big-time jerk if I wish MY bosses name was Richard, Harold (harry), or some other legal way to have a vent moment while properly addressing them? It would be like having warm apple pie and ice cream delivered to your desk or like winning the lotto.



Well... maybe not.....at least it made me giggle and .... it would make me feel really warm and tingly inside when I need to blow off steam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes you think of summer the most?