Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Belly Days


My belly days are coming to an end. Our precious little gift will arrive in less than 30 days.

As ready as I am to meet her, know her, and see her……I am going to miss my husband  talking to our princess, feeling her kick and the games that they play together. Where daddy pushes on my tummy and she kicks back. I know we are moving on to meeting her which is exponentially better than belly days- but I will never forget the hugs, the love, the kisses, and the time my husband has spent at my belly talking to and building a relationship with our little girl.

You know interneters....They often say that motherhood starts at conception and fatherhood starts at delivery. I am in awe of my husband who started building and paving a relationship with his daughter, close enough that inside of ME, she knows and recognizes his touch.

 Seeing that bond between them build across belly lines is something I will cherish and admire for the rest of my life. These incredible memories will be tucked away in a secret place in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes you think of summer the most?